BBQ Drambuie Marinated Strawberries
This recipe makes the most of your barbeque and does all the hard work for you, simply drizzle the Drambuie mixture over the strawberries and roast them, and simply serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Prepare10 minutes and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook10-20 minutes.
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 60ml Drambuie Whisky Liqueur
- 60g caster sugar
- peel from 1/2 orange
- 2 star anise
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Butter a roasting tin, or aluminium tray, large enough to hold all of the strawberries snugly in a single layer.
2. In a bowl, mix the strawberries with the Drambuie, sugar, orange peel and star anise, making sure the strawberries are well coated.
3. When you are ready to start cooking, tip the contents of the bowl into the prepared tin.
4. Cook over a direct high heat on the barbecue, with the lid closed for around 10 minutes, or until hot and starting to soften. Alternatively cook in the oven at 220ºC / 200ºC fan / gas mark 7 for 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of the strawberries.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some of the juices from the pan spooned over the top.