Oozy Pear Butterscotch and Drambuie Bake
A quick and easy dessert for an impromptu dinner get-together which combines pears in their juice, with an oozy rich butterscotch sauce, and sweet heather honeyed Drambuie liqueur.
- Preparation Time30 minutes
- Cooking Time45 minutes - 1 hour
FOR THE SPONGE
- 2 tins pear halves in juice, drained
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g light soft brown sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 250ml whole milk
- 3 large eggs
FOR THE SAUCE
- 225g dark soft brown sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 3 tbsp Drambuie Honeyed Liqueur
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 160º fan / gas mark 4. Grease a rectangular 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish. Arrange the pear halves in the bottom of the dish.
2. Put the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and combine. In a jug, beat together the melted butter, milk and eggs. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into the prepared ovenproof dish.
3. To make the sauce, in a small pan gently heat the sugar, double cream and Drambuie with 150ml water, until the sugar has dissolved. Pour the liquid carefully over the batter mix. Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes until the top is set and golden.