Drambuie and Cinnamon Puff Pastry Swirls
For a different take on a classic Mince Pie, try these buttery puff pastries with the festive flavours of Christmas, including cinnamon, orange and Drambuie Whisky Liqueur.
- Preparation Time15 minutes, plus chilling time
- Cooking Time15 minutes, plus cooling time
- 2 tbsp Drambuie Whisky Liqueur
- 200g mincemeat
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC / 200ºc fan / gas mark 7. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the Drambuie with the mincemeat and set aside.
3. Unroll the pastry sheet. Scatter over the sugar, orange zest and ground cinnamon. Spread the mincemeat evenly over the pastry.
4. With the long side closest to you, carefully roll up the pastry into a long roll. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Cut the roll into 16 slices and place onto the baking sheet, spacing them apart. Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle over the sugar.
6. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until puffy and golden.