The Queen's Favourite Chocolate Mousse
According to the Queen's former personal chef, Darren McGrady, Her Majesty is partial to a boozy chocolate mousse, made with Drambuie and coffee. Why not share with your own royal family as an easy dinner party dessert.
- Prepare15 minutes.
- You will needIndividual serving dishes or a large decorative bowl
- Chill3 hours
- 170g Dark chocolate
- 284ml Double Cream
- 5 Eggs separated
- 1 tsp Coffee
- 2 tbsp Drambuie Honeyed Liqueur
- 1 tbsp Boiling water
1. Melt the 170g of Dark chocolate taking care not to overheat it in a large bowl.
2. Separate the eggs and whisk the yolks into the melted chocolate and then add the coffee, Drambuie and mix well.
3. Whip the cream until stiff and the peaks hold.
4. Whisk the remaining 5 egg whites until stiff and the peaks hold.
5. Fold the cream with a metal spoon into the chocolate mixture followed by the whipped egg whites.
6. Keep folding until there are no white specks of cream or egg white and then pour into a decorative serving dish.
7. Put the mousse into the refrigerator for at least three hours to allow the chocolate to set.
8. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls and enjoy!