Chocolate and Raspberry Drambuie Hard Shake
A grown-up indulgent treat for milkshake lovers, this shake includes a measure of Drambuie for extra richness. Top with fresh raspberries and chocolate coated honeycomb to serve and you’ll never make an ordinary milkshake again.
- Preparation Time20 minutes, plus cooling time.
- You will needPaper straws
FOR THE RASPBERRY SYRUP
- 300g raspberries
- 6 tbsp clear heather honey
FOR THE MILKSHAKE
- 400g chocolate ice cream
- 450ml full-fat milk
- 120ml Drambuie Honeyed Liqueur
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- chocolate coated honeycomb, roughly chopped
1. Start by making the raspberry syrup. Put the raspberries and honey in a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon water. Cook over a low heat, until softened. Press through a sieve into a jug then pour back into the pan and simmer for a few minutes longer to thicken slightly. Pour back into the jug and leave to cool. This can be made a day in advance.
2. To make the milkshake, place the ice cream, milk and Drambuie in a blender, or use a stick blender. Whizz for a few minutes until smooth.
3. Spoon a little of the raspberry syrup into the bottom of each of the glasses. Pour in the chocolate ice cream mixture. Top with the whipped cream and the rest of the raspberry syrup. Scatter with the chocolate shavings and finish with a few raspberries and a piece of chocolate coated honeycomb.