Honeyed Drambuie Goat’s Cheese
A delicious alternative to a traditional cheese board, Drambuie's flavour layers of honey and spice pair perfectly with the delicate herbs of the serving suggestion. Serve in individual jars with warm, crusty bread and your dinner get-together will end on a high note.
- Prepare15 minutes.
- You will needIndividual serving dishes or a large decorative bowl
- Chill3 hours
FOR THE MARINATED GOAT'S CHEESE
- 250g goat’s cheese
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary few pink peppercorns
- few pink peppercorns
- 2 thick pieces lemon peel, thinly sliced
- clear honey
- crackers or crusty bread, to serve
- Drambuie Honeyed Liqueur
1. Slice the goat’s cheese into 16 pieces, then roll into balls. Place into a jar with all of the other ingredients scattered over them, apart from the honey. You may need to divide between 2 jars.
2. Pour over the honey, then give the jar a little shake to settle everything. If the cheese isn’t covered then add enough honey to make sure it’s covered. Seal the jar and keep in the fridge overnight to allow the flavours to develop.
3. Remove from the fridge an hour before serving to bring it to room temperature. Serve with crackers or fresh crusty bread, and drizzle with the scented honey.